Prince Rupert Bay, Portsmouth, Dominica.
1. Large number of buoys available with helpful boat boys to assist; fees payable at PAYS office on the beach; payment on a trust basis (EC$30/night).
2. Boat boys now organised by the Portsmouth Area Yacht Society which provides area security and will soon equip boat boys with radios Ch 16. (We used Alexis).
3. It is standard to retain the boat boy who you first contact for future support i.e. Indian River trip.
4. Very busy moorings.
5. Several boats anchored in mooring area with no problems – plenty of space.
6. Small dinghy jetty, safe to leave boat.
7. Island tours tend to be limited with the northern half being a popular one; includes a sulphur spring visit, waterfall walk, chocolate factory visit and stop over for lunch. We used a local guides/minibus driver “Serge” who was excellent (EC$100 per person).